ONLINE THERAPY – GET HELP ONLINE
PSYCHOLOGICAL ADVICE AND SUPPORT OVER THE INTERNET – YOUR NEW SOURCE OF ONLINE THERAPY & COUNSELLING
Online therapy with Skype- thera-LINK, even more effective then face-to-face therapy in the medium term
- Do you want to see your psychologist when it suits you the most?
- Do you often travel abroad and fear this might compromise your therapeutic progress?
- Perhaps you are going through a difficult time and find it reassuring to know that you can follow up with your therapist in a flexible and dynamic way?
A recent study published by the Journal of Cyberpsychology, Behavior and Social Networking, on the impact of Exchanges and Client–Therapist Alliance in Online-Text Psychotherapy, offers qualified encouragement for future therapists and clients who are considering using online therapy.
Did you know that psychotherapy by Skype, thera-LINK is becoming extremely popular, often serving as a temporary substitute for in-person sessions, for crisis intervention between regular sessions, and to maintain a therapeutic relationship when one party moves out of the area?
Studies have demonstrated that online therapy (Skype/ thera-LINK) and counseling are effective and liked by clients.
THE ONLINE CALMING HYPOTHESIS
Have you heard of the online calming hypothesis? The online calming hypothesis proposes that therapists and clients experience the online environment as more comfortable and less threatening than the face-to-face milieu.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE THERAPY WITH SKYPE, thera-LINK?:
- May offer a less threatening alternative to face-to-face psychotherapy, especially for those who wrestle with anxiety disorders such as social anxiety disorder
- Convenient, flexible and stress-free solution compared to in session arrangements
- Makes psychotherapy and counseling more available to people who would not feel comfortable going to a traditional therapist in the first place
- Impact of exchanges and client–therapist alliance in text therapy is similar to, and in some respects more positive than face-to-face therapy
- Immediate consultation and professional advice in times of crisis and crisis intervention
- Maintain continuity in the therapy process in case of work related travel or travel in general or due to temporary move
- Brings a specialist’s expertise to otherwise inaccessible client populations, such as to clients in distant rural communities
- Freedom to choose the right therapist independent of geographical location
HOW ONLINE THERAPY WORKS WITH SKYPE
Online therapy via Skype is just like coming along for an ‘in person’ therapy session. Except there is none of the inconvenience of leaving your home (or work!),traffic or parking your car. This means that you can see one of London’s top Psychologists no matter where you are at the click of a button.
We can even help you with the technical aspects of setting up your Skype account (which is free and simple), just ask when you arrange your initial consultation.
- Book your initial online session at the time of preference either by mail, phone or by using our online booking system
- Contact your psychologist on Skype at booked time.
HOW ONLINE THERAPY WORKS WITH thera-LINK
The Best Telehealth Platform for online therapy
WHAT IS Thera-LINK?
Thera-LINK is a secure video platform used by mental health professionals and their clients to conduct therapy sessions remotely. Never miss another session again! Whether you are going on vacation, moving away or simply can’t make it into our office, Thera-LINK allow you to continue your sessions with online therapy in a secure, HIPAA-compliant environment.
Don’t worry- No need to spend money on additional hardware. All you need is a computer with an internet connection. BEST of all, Thera-LINK works on both Mac & PC! Thera-LINK runs right in your browser window and it works on most browsers – Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- All you need is an internet connection and a webcam (yes, most devices already have these!)
- Schedule your session with a click (use our online booking)
- Sessions so clear you feel you are meeting in-person
HOW IT WORKS
Get logged in, navigate the portal, & start a session with your psychologist.