ARE YOU FEELING LOW AND SAD?
- Have you lost hope for the future and the desire of the present?
- Feeling low all the time without knowing why?
- Do you struggle to see the joy of things and have you lost the desire to do things?
- Do you feel depressed and sad?
DEPRESSION AFFECTS 1 IN 6 OF US
From time to time we can all feel sad, miserable and fed up. If you are suffering from depression you won’t find easy or quick relief. Your feelings of sadness can continue for weeks and months, and interfere significantly with your relationships, employment, and health.
Therapy is an extremely effective treatment for depression. In therapy, you will learn skills and insight to help manage and prevent depression from coming back. From time to time we can all feel sad, miserable and fed up
Depression is the second most common mental disorder in both children, adolescents, and adults.
THE MOST COMMON SYMPTOMS ARE:
- Pessimism and low mood
- Lack of enthusiasm and joy
- Lack of motivation.
- Lack of interest in things and other people
- Difficulties with everyday tasks and routines
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep disorders
- Social withdrawal and isolation
- Lack of appetite
- Loss of sex drive
OTHER SYMPTOMS THAT OFTEN COME IN ADDITION CAN BE:
- Tendencies to cry
- At worst suicidal thoughts
- Impaired self-esteem
- Self-reproach and guilt
There is no easy or “quick fix” if you suffer from depression. These symptoms can last for weeks and months, and in worst case have a negative impact on health, important relationships, studies, and employment.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I SUFFER FROM DEPRESSION?
If you have one or more of the symptoms below, it may indicate that you are suffering from depression:
- You struggle to see the meaning of things and life; You experience meaninglessness
- Problems with concentration and attention
- Difficulty making decisions
- Restlessness, irritation, and you’re being easily upset
- Feelings of hopelessness, especially with regard to the future and the way forward
- Lack of interest in sex and other things that were previously pleasurable
- You have begun avoiding other people, isolating yourself from close friends and relatives, even if you are normally socially and outgoing
- Feeling useless, inadequate and hopeless
- Problems with sleeping, waking up early or sleeping more than normal without any reason for it
- Physical symptoms such as diffuse pain, headache, lack of energy
- Feelings of guilt or worthlessness
- The tears can flow for seemingly no reason at all
- Do not enjoy activities that you usually enjoy and benefit from
- Thoughts of suicide
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU WITH DEPRESSION?
It is important to address depression and explore the underlying causes of it.
We can provide immediate professional psychological services for those who suffer from depression. At the first consultation session, we work with you to map underlying causes, investigate thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that contribute and help maintain low mood over time.
Together with a professional psychologist, you will receive professional help to tailor-made and develop coping strategies to enable you to handle the depression.
We will also be able to assist you with well-documented techniques and tools so that you will be better able to master new challenges and difficult events in a more constructive and positive way.