ANXIETY COUNSELLING IN LONDON
ANXIETY PSYCHOTHERAPY IN LONDON – LONDON ’s NEW SOURCE OF PSYCHOTHERAPY & COUNSELLING
DO YOU STRUGGLE WITH ANXIETY?
- Wish you were less shy and less afraid of social relationships?
- Have you experienced repeated panic, tension and inner turmoil?
- Do you often feel restless and “on edge”?
- Do you find yourself often scared and anxious, fearing that something will happen without fully understanding why?
- Do you sometimes struggle with irritability, impatience and perhaps dizziness and drowsiness?
- Does it happen that you get irregular heartbeat (palpitations) and sometimes short of breath without fully understand why?
Anxiety is perhaps the most common reason people seek therapy..
1 IN 5 SHOWS SYMPTOMS OF ANXIETY OR DEPRESSION
In the UK Wellbeing Survey (2013), nearly 1 in 5 people in the UK aged 16 and older showed symptoms of anxiety or depression. This percentage was higher for females than for males. In Norway, according to the Public Health Institute, one quarter of the population will be affected by an anxiety disorder throughout life, and approximately 15% over a year.
WHAT IS ANXIETY?
Anxiety is a normal response to stress or danger. It is often called the flight or fight response. Adrenalin quickly gets pumped through the body prepareing it to handel whatever catastrophe may come its way. The problems arise when this response is out of proportion to the actual danger of the situation, or indeed is generated when there is no danger present at all.
WHAT ARE THE PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS?
- Butterflies in stomach
- Chest tightness
- Dry mouth
- Pins and needles
- Racing heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Urge to pass urine/empty bowels
Anxiety can cause very unpleasant side effects. If such intense and untreated symptoms persist over time, it can cause major problems in relationships, at work, and generally affect the experiences of safety and well-being in everyday life.
THE PSYCHOLOGICAL SYMPTOMS ARE:
- Dread that something catastrophic is going to happen (such as blackout, seizure, heart attack or death)
- Fear of losing control
- Feelings of detachment
- Inner tension
ISSUES WE CAN HELP YOU WITH:
- General concerns, fear and turmoil
- General anxiety
- Social Anxiety
- Panic attacks and panic disorder
- General nervousness
- Performance anxiety
- Sexual anxiety
HOW CAN THERAPY HELP?
Therapy and counseling can help you master symptoms of anxiety by mapping and exploring both the underlying causes and the factors that maintain symptoms of anxiety
If you suffer from several of these symptoms, you can benefit from counseling and psychotherapy to help you deal with your anxiety in a good and healthy way.